Tuesday, April 8, 2014

One Potato, Two Potato


Over the weekend, I made baked potatoes as a side dish for dinner.  I cannot remember the last time I made a baked potato, ate a baked potato or even thought about a baked potato.  My parents were coming over for dinner and I did not have a lot of active prep time, though throwing things in the oven to cook without me worked well, thus baked potatoes.

The baked potato made me so happy!  I don't put anything fancy on top of it, not even butter or sour cream, just a little salt.  Something so simple tasted so good.  I have been trying to cook such complex meals lately I have forgotten the joys of simple food.  I need to remind myself that I don't need to cook exotic flavors or fifty ingredients into a dish to make it work.  I do not need to compensate for the lack of meat.  Meatless food is delicious and healthy just as it is.  Meals can be satisfying in their simplicity.

Up next: peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment