Friday, March 28, 2014

Not Hardcore

I found a quiz today on Huffington Post, "How Hardcore Vegetarian Are You?" I assumed the answer for me would be "are you kidding?" but I decided to take it anyway.  After a few multiple choice questions, I got my answer.  "You're Vegetarian-friendly."  What does that mean?  Glad you asked:  "You might follow a vegetarian diet, but you're not about to put anyone out about your meat-free choices.  You'll eat a steak if invited to someone's house for dinner, and you never want to ask the waitress if the soup is made with chicken broth."

I should be scared about how accurate this is, but I actually feel much better.  First, this silly little quiz was able to articulate my philosophy on this vegetarian thing so much than I ever have been able to, no matter how many blog entries I write.  Second, if the quiz has a description like this, I cannot be alone in my thinking.  I don't have to be strident or extreme or political about this.  I can just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment