Thursday, March 6, 2014

So What Do We Think?

My family hates my cooking and I fear a rebellion is brewing.  This week, I have made mushroom ragout, fish stew, and red lentils with vegetables.  All new recipes.  We sit down; we eat, no one says anything.

"So, what do we think?" I ask.
"It's okay," Sarah answers.
"It's fine," Matt says with a shrug.
Lucy doesn't say anything.  She just sits under the table and hopes something falls.

"Fine? Okay?  What does that mean?" I know the answer, but I ask anyway."
"I guess it's okay, but I wouldn't want to have to again," Sarah answers.
"There is nothing wrong with it, it just isn't my thing," Matt says.
Lucy doesn't say anything.  She just stares at me hoping I will let her try a taste.

My family is appreciate of the meals I make, don't get me wrong.  I want their opinion, especially for new recipes and new ingredients.  I just wish I was having a little more success in finding things we can all enjoy.  Good thing pancake day was this week.  My pancakes are good.

At least the dog still likes my cooking, but then again, I did not make her eat the lentils.


No comments:

Post a Comment