Monday, January 13, 2014

Let's Do This Thing

Can an 40-something housewife rise above her food apathy and change to a vegetarian diet?  I don't know; that's the experiment.

First, defining terms - for me vegetarian will mean no meat or poultry.  Eggs, dairy, and fish are still on the table (literally).  I am not going to worry about things like chicken broth or gelatin when I eat out, at least at first, but I will not use those things at home.

I will be sharing the experiment with my husband, Matt, our daughter, Sarah, and our dog, Lucy.  I will be the only one going totally vegetarian, though their diets will have to change considerably as well since I do the majority of the family food shopping and meal preparation.  Except for Lucy; she gets whatever she wants.

Expect lots of failure and setbacks and maybe a few successes along the way.  And pictures - I love stories with pictures.

Here is a picture of chickens, since I won't be eating them anymore.


 And some pretty flowers, to get me thinking more about plants.



 I feel less carnivorous already.

No comments:

Post a Comment