Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Meet the Family


That's our 11-year-old daughter, Sarah.  She is smart, sassy, sensitive and silly.  She is also very skinny.  In the last couple of years, we have had a real problem getting enough calories into her to keep her growing the way she should.  Sarah is an adventurous eater with a taste for the exotic so we have never had to deal with picky eating.  While Sarah is all for this going vegetarian experiment, if there is a choice between not getting enough calories or eating meat, I am going to feed her meat.

I have been married to my husband Matt for 17 years.  He hosts a party every summer he calls "Ribfest."  He owns a smoker and has spent a lot of time perfecting his dry rub mix and homemade barbecue sauce.  His job takes him to some of the meatiest restaurants in New York City, like the Capitol Grill, the 21 Club and Bobby Van's.  He will not be going vegetarian with me.  That said, Matt is willing to eat what I cook even if another chicken never crosses his plate.  "That's okay," he told me, "I don't really like chicken anyway."

What he does like is taking pictures of food - food he cooked, food he ordered, food other people are eating.  Our vacation photos are peppered with plate shots.

A few samples of his cooking:
jambalaya
pulled pork & cole slaw
couscous & Moroccan beef











Speaking of carnivores,


That's our Lucy.  You can tell that this vicious killer is descended from a wolf.  She has a delicate stomach, skin allergies and an anxiety disorder.  I am not changing her food.

No comments:

Post a Comment