Thursday, February 13, 2014

Look Ma, No Hands!

Tomorrow I am having surgery on my dominant hand to relieve the pain from carpal tunnel syndrome.  The surgery is no big deal, but I will be unable to cook for a couple of weeks.  I had it done on my non-dominant hand in the fall and I was unprepared for how useless the hand was for several days after.  We ate a lot of take-out that week.  This time, I am determined to be more prepared.  All afternoon, I have been cooking and storing: lentil soup, vegetable calzones, savory bread pudding, chili-corn bread pie.  Of course, my family will probably take this opportunity to order out.  For the first couple days, all I will want is some ginger ale and toast.  Regardless, I am prepared.  No one can complain there is nothing to eat!  Except for dinner tonight.  I don't have anything for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment