Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Savory Bread Pudding for One

I love eggs.  Anytime of day, I can eat eggs.  My family does not share my enthusiasm, so I am left to cook eggs just for myself.  Except the dog; if you are cracking a hard-boiled egg, Lucy will hear it from a mile away.  This is an easy recipe to scale up for more portions as well.

Savory Bread Pudding for One
1 mini-bagel, any variety without seeds
1 egg
1/3 cup skim milk
1 oz low-fat Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup frozen spinach
Tomato slices (optional)

Thaw and drain the spinach.  Cut the bagel into small cubes.  Spray a small oven-safe dish with non-stick spray.  Add bagel and spinach.  Beat eggs with milk.  Pour over bagel and spinach.  Stir gently to coat all the bagel with the egg mixture.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until set and golden.  Top with tomato slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment