Monday, February 10, 2014

The Last Supper

If you knew it would be your last meal, what would you eat?  This is my favorite party-game question. Either because I am terribly morbid or because I love food, I have a detailed answer.  My last meal would be a hamburger on a kaiser roll topped with lettuce, tomato and Heinz ketchup, fat steak fries, corn on the cob, all washed down with a vanilla milkshake.  Oh yeah, I don't fool around.

A few things to notice about this meal:

  • It hits all the major food groups - salt, sugar, fat and ketchup.
  • If you weren't dying, this meal would kill you.
  • The centerpiece of it all is meat.

This leads me to my real dilemma; can I imagine the rest of my life without meat?  When I decided to try cutting out meat, I did not think long term.  I thought of it as an experiment which implies a set time duration.  As I continue with this, I will have to really think about why I want to do this and if the changes can be permanent.

And yes, I do care about my brand of ketchup.

It comes out if you hit the "57" on the bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment